Warning, it’s a bit of a different blogpost this week. It’s not your typical beauty post or review haha, but this blog is about the things I love, so…due to me starting my diet towards the end of January, i’ve been making a lot of healthy food, including a variety of dinners and snacks. My favourite has to be this one though, it’s just too yum to keep to myself, probably because of all of the fun ingredients inside like quinoa, pure honey, dried fruit, seeds and a hint of banana. They’re such a great and healthy treat that are incredibly filling for times when you’re hungry in between meals. I’ve also made them so they are gluten free, not too big, nor too small and also only 122 calories per piece.
- 150g Rolled Porridge Oats
- 15g Chia seeds
- 70g Uncooked pre-rinsed quinoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds (or seeds of your choice)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (raisins or cranberries work nicely)
- 3 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon low fat butter
Feel free to mix and match dried fruits and/or nuts as you wish.
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees.
- Line a Oven friendly tray / dish (size depending on how thick you want your bars)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, uncooked quinoa, chia seeds, and cinnamon. Stir in the mashed banana and fold in nuts / seeds and dried fruit.
- Place a saucepan over a low heat, and add in the honey or maple syrup and low fat butter, then stir until warm. Then fold in the oat bar mixture until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan / dish and press down firmly with hands or with a spoon to help bars stay intact.
- Bake for 20 minutes or at least until edges turn golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars. I cut mine into 14 pieces.
I hope you enjoyed checking out this little different blogpost! I really enjoy baking and cooking, so you may see more of this in upcoming blog posts of mine. If you happen make these oat bars, then please tag me in them either on my instagram or my twitter.
Twitter – @jazmyn_smith
Instagram – @jazmynsmith1995